Archive Record

  • Email This Page
Catalog Number 2009.18DAW
Object Name Dawson Family
Scope & Content The Dawson Family File 7 pgs.
There were three Dawson brothers, Bill, Ben and Joe that settled in Dixon around 1911 and ran successful businesses. Dawsons Cigar store was first located on the northeast corner of First and A Streets. In 1942 it moved across the street to the northwest corner of street where it is operatiting today under new owners. John and Fay Webb Dawson owned the Dawson Poultry Ranch east of town for many years.

See the video of Dorothy Dawson Wallace's 1998 oral history.

Collection Dixon Public Library Historical Files
People
Dawson, John V.
Dawson, Ben
Snead, J. R.
Frizell, Jas.
Dawson, WIlliam T.
Webb, Fay
Dawson, Dorothy
Wallace, George
Dawson, Joan
Dawson, John V. Jr.
Dawson, Jean
Dawson, James Ben
Schmidt, Laura
Dawson, Joseph K.
Dawson, Ben
Dawson, BIll
Dawson, Maud
Dawson, Clara Belle
Subjects Dawson's Egg Ranch
Dawson's Poultry Farm
Dawson's Cigar Store